The EMDR Can Help With And Benefits
EMDR Can Help With And Benefits: EMDR is now used to treat a variety of mental health conditions, including:
- Enduring suffering
- Eating disorders
- Attacks of panic
- Panic disordered
EMDR can be used alone or with other types of therapy like cognitive behavioral therapy or CBT and medicines.
Benefits Of Emdr:
EMDR is useful for more than just treating PTSD and trauma. Here are some of the possible benefits of this kind of therapy:
- Changes how you think: With the help of EMDR, you can find, deal with, and even change the bad thoughts that keep you from thinking clearly.
- Cuts down on ongoing pain: Study shows that bilateral stimulation stimulates the part of the brain that is responsible for comfort and relaxation.
- Boosts one’s self-esteem: EMDR works by focusing on memories and thoughts that make you feel bad about yourself. When you can name them, you can deal with them and move on.
- Minimum small talk needed: EMDR is like talk therapy because you don’t have to talk about every detail of your traumatic event. Because of this, EMDR helps people who have trouble talking about their trauma the most.
- Gets results quickly: EMDR is a type of short-term therapy. Even though everyone’s path is different, 80–90% of people say they feel better after just three sessions.
EMDR Can Help With And Benefits, The American Psychological Association (APA) says that EMDR therapy is a good way to treat the symptoms of PTSD. A small pilot study found that EMDR therapy can treat PTSD in people with psychotic illnesses safely and effectively. 6 The treatment made the person feel better about themselves and less depressed and anxious.
Review found that EMDR is effective at treating trauma-related symptoms in people with psychosis, unipolar depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, substance use disorders, and chronic back pain. The review also found evidence that EMDR may help treat chronic pain and other non-traumatic symptoms linked to mood disorders.
People Think That Emdr Is Safe And Has Few Side Effects:
Higher Level Of Awareness
You may still feel strong emotions or physical sensations after your therapy session is over. Some people say they have bad dreams when they start thinking about a traumatic event.
There Is A Chance Of Retraumatization
EMDR Can Help With And Benefits, If EMDR isn’t done right, it could cause people to relive their trauma. There must be many sessions: It might take a while for good things to happen. Some people may have trouble paying their bills because of this. Especially at the beginning of therapy, troubling thoughts about traumatic events can come up. Work with your therapist to find ways to deal with your problems while in therapy.
The First Thing To Do
- If you or someone you care about could benefit from EMDR, think about the following steps:
- Make up your mind. Look for a therapist with whom you think you’ll get along when making your choice. Do you like working with therapists of the same age as you or of the same gender? Do you like therapy in person or online?
- Talk to an expert who has done this before. EMDR is a complex therapy that needs to be learned in a certain way. Visit the site of the EMDR International Association to find a licensed EMDR therapist.
- Find out what they are good at. Not every EMDR therapist treats every kind of mental illness; many, for example, have made it their specialty to help people with PTSD. Before hiring a therapist, find out if they have used EMDR to solve problems like yours.
- Know what will happen. You may feel like you’re going to the doctor during your first session. This means that you may have to fill out several medical forms about yourself, your health insurance, your medical history, and your family’s medical history.
What Makes Emdr Therapy Different From Other Kinds Of Care?
- EMDR therapy doesn’t need a deep look at what’s bothering the person.
- Doing homework in between classes, EMDR therapy doesn’t try to change the past.
- The brain can deal with the uncomfortable feelings, thoughts, or actions arising from the issue.
- It will start to heal again on its own.
- EMDR therapy can help people overcome traumatic memories that they haven’t dealt with yet. For
- EMDR therapy is often faster than other types of therapy for many people.